PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWN HALL FOR COMPLETE BID PACKET
INVITATION FOR BIDS
TOWN OF DEER TRAIL, COLORADO
555 SECOND AVE., P.O. BOX 217
DEER TRAIL, CO 80105
2004 CDBG STREET PAVING PROJECTS
1. RECEIPT OF BIDS:
The Town of Deer Trail, hereinafter referred to as "Town," is accepting bids for the 2004 CDBG Street Paving Projects. Bid forms will be received at the Deer Trail Town Hall, 555 Second Ave., P.O. Box 217, Deer Trail, CO 80105, until Tuesday, August 3, 2004, at 5:00 p.m.
2. DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The 2004 CDBG Street Paving Projects consist of paving portions of two streets in the Town. These two streets comprise approximately 8,315 square yards. The Town will perform all street preparation work.
Construction activities for these two projects will specifically include:
-Lay 982 square yards of asphalt to a compacted depth of three inches on the westerly portion of Date Street, curb to curb, beginning at First Avenue and continuing east to the existing asphalt and a 15-feet wide parking area on the south side of Date Street, completing the paving of that street.
-Lay 7,333 square yards of asphalt to a compacted depth of three inches on Second Avenue from Aspen Street on the south to Date Street on the north, except for Cedar Street.
3. TIME OF COMPLETION:
All work must be completed and inspected by Monday, November 1, 2004.
4. CONTRACTOR QUALIFICATIONS
The Town may make such investigations as deemed necessary to determine the ability of the Bidder to perform the work, and the Bidder shall furnish to the Town all requested information and data for this purpose. The Town reserves the right to reject any bid if the evidence submitted by, or investigation of, such Bidder fails to satisfy the Town that such Bidder is properly qualified to carry out the obligations of the contract and to complete the work contemplated herein. Conditional bids will not be accepted. Documentation that must be included in bid:
-Certification that Bidder is qualified and licensed to operate as a general contractor in the State of Colorado.
-Three references must be submitted. References must be able to attest to job performance on projects involving similar work.
5. BID FORMAT
To be considered, bids must be submitted on the attached bid form. The bid form must include the total amount to be charged. The bidder must sign the proposal. The Town needs certification that the bid will be valid for 30 days.
6. INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
The following are required to be provided to the Town:
1. Comprehensive General Liability: in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 combined single unit. Coverage to include:
a. Premises Operations
b. Products/Completed Operations
c. Broad Form Contractual Liability
d. Independent Contractors
e. Broad Form Property Damage
f. Employees as Additional Insured
g. Personal Injury
h. Arapahoe County and the Town as Additional Named Insured
i. Waiver of Subrogation
2. Comprehensive Automobile Liability: in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 combined single unit for bodily injury and property damage. Coverage to include:
a. Arapahoe County and the Town as additional Named Insured
b. Waiver of Subrogation
3. Employers Liability and Workers Compensation: The Contractor shall secure and maintain employer's liability and Workers Compensation Insurance that will protect it against any and all claims resulting from injuries to and death of workers engaged in work under any contract funded pursuant to this agreement. coverage to include Waiver of Subrogation.
4. All referenced insurance policies and/or certificates of insurance shall be subject to the following stipulations:
a. Underwriters shall have no rights of recovery subrogation against Arapahoe County or the Town; it being the intent of the parties that the insurance policies so affected shall protect the parties and be primary coverage for any and all losses covered by the described insurance.
b. The clause entitled "Other Insurance Provisions" contained in any policy including Arapahoe County as an additional named insured shall not apply to Arapahoe County or the Town.
c. The insurance companies issuing the policy or policies shall have no recourse against Arapahoe County or the Town for payment of any premiums due or for any assessments under any form of any policy.
d. Any and all deductibles contained in any insurance policy shall be assumed by and at the sole risk of the Contractor.
5. Certificate of Insurance: The Contractor shall not commence work under any contract funded pursuant to this Agreement until the contractor has submitted to the Town and received approval thereof, certificates of insurance showing that the contractor has complied with the foregoing insurance requirements. The Town shall also submit a copy of the Contractor's certificates of insurance to the County.
7. LABOR LANGUAGE AND FEDERAL LABOR STANDARDS PROVISION
This project is funded through federal Community Development Block Grant funds. All work completed on the project will be performed in compliance with the Davis-Bacon Act and Federal Labor Standards Provision (HUD 4010). All workers employed on this project shall receive the minimum prevailing Davis-Bacon wage requirements as specified in General Decision Number CO20030014, Modification 4 dated 03/05/04, or the latest version. Wage requirements may change prior to start of work; current wage rates in effect at the time the construction contract is awarded will be effective for all workers employed on the project.
8. CONTRACT AWARD:
The Town reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to accept a bid or to delete any portion of a bid. Contract is expected to be awarded on or before August 9, 2004.
Any questions concerning these projects should be submitted to the Town Clerk, Town of Deer Trail, Patti Owens, 303-769-4464 or Mayor Tink Rector, 303-769-4583.